by Jay Ferron, President APCUG
We are proud to announce a new benefit to you our members Sharepoint.apcug.net.
This site is a result of many months of work by Guy Hermann, Clive Hermann, and
James Scharoun. Their hundreds of hours working in the background to bring this
site to life, is an example of just asking people to help. We want to thank them
personally for all the work they done in support of APCUG.
This site accomplishes some major advances for us and you the user group members
- You now have a location when you can post where you can post your meetings online,
and the rest of the world can see it. There's a good possibility that you will
get new members this way.
- You now have a location for sharing presentations that you and other user
groups have created.
- No more what should we do next meeting, come to the SharePoint site and see
different ideas for presentations.
- If you have a meeting speaker cancel, now go to SharePoint and get a topic
with a starter presentation or maybe even a presentation in a box.
- The goal here is if you will upload your Presentations then in a short time
we will have a library of many topics with examples that other user groups can
share and use. Think of this as a Lending Library with one major difference you
can add to the library.
- This site allows validated users to upload presentations and add "what's
happening in your group" to our Events Calendar.
- The Links page creates a location where you can add your web site link
so others can find your group.
- The Shared Documents section is where you can find informaion on how to run
a user group, tips on fundraising, get some "idea starters" for meetings, and
post product reviews.
- Our Announcements section will be a place where you can see news from APCUG
- In the General Discussion area, there is space for you and your regional
advisors to discuss topics that impact your region.
Some pages will require special permission to access, to reduce who can add
update to areas like the Events Calendar.
The goal of this site is to become a resource for current APCUG user groups;
people looking to join user groups; and vendors. We need your help to grow the
site -- and grow it will if you use it. The sidebar to the right tells you how
to get started.