APCUG Web Site
Index for this issue
Default font size|
Large font size
2. We now have a New SharePoint site (http://sharepoint.apucg.org) this site has been set up to allow user groups to upload and download talks / presentations that have happened in the past. This site will act as a lending library where you can access, review and share presentations. I have up loaded some talks / presentations that have happened at numerous locations around the APCUG world with the hope that you may add your own user groups’ presentations to the Site. The site will require a login to upload content. To do this go to sharepoint.apcug.org and click on the login page.
3. Other news: as the results of the survey over 98 % of the member s who voted have agreed its ok for us to either e-mail you a pdf copy of the report or you can download the reports at your leisure; this will save APCUG a substantial part of our yearly budget.
4. In this Report I would like to start a new tradition for APCUG where we spotlight User Group leaders who make a difference to the Membership of APCUG. This month we want to recognize Hank Feinberg or the Rockland Pc User Group, and his team for a great Job in originating the first MDLC event in New York. Hank stepped up to the table when there was a Region 1 meeting to discuss the need to hold a local event. Hank took it upon himself to get the job done. We all have members in our groups who just do the job because they want to have the project succeed. We need to say thank you. Thanks Hank and all the other user group members who day in and day out do what is needed with little or no thanks.
5. The next major event of APCUG is the Midwest Region event. Registration will be live shortly, Please come and support this event and share with others what is going on in your communities. Learn about new technology, Share ideas, and have a good time.
6. Upcoming: The New Benefit of Membership – watch for the roll-out information. User Groups will be able to use Microsoft Live Meeting for free! We hope that this will prove to be invaluable in helping you to run successful meetings, especially when it is not possible to get all of your members to attend the same location at the same time. This account will be provided to you specifically for use within your user group and for the benefit of your user group. Once given your account, you will be provided with a user name and password which you must keep confidential. Only your president will be able to schedule meetings although, of course, any of your members will be able to join and even run them once set up. Please note that although you will receive a LiveMeeting account with its many benefits, you will not be provided with a telephone conferencing facility – you may use your own if you have one, and LiveMeeting has the ability to provide audio conferencing through any PC which has a speaker and microphone. Some of the many advantages that your LiveMeeting account will provide include:
• The ability to present both PowerPoint presentations and anything on your desktop to the meeting attendees.
• The ability to collaborate on documents and other content.
• The ability to record presentations and events and make them available for review at a later date and time.
• Look for e-mail from your APCUG advisors on how your user group can use this service
7. Committees : APCUG is looking for volunteers to work on some committees if you are interested please contact me. Jferron@apcug.net
Public Relations / marketing
Web and Online communities